Disclosure: homelyee.com is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (paid link)
In this article, I’ve properly answered the question as well as the consequences of using it at the wrong time. So, it’s time for you to explore.
You can also read: Are Downy Unstopables a Fabric Softener
When to Add Fabric Softener to Top Loader
When you are using a top-loading washing machine, you can typically add the fabric softener to the fabric softener dispenser or directly to the water in the rinse cycle. Be sure to follow the instructions on your fabric softener packaging and your washing machine manual for the best results.
What If You Use Fabric Softener on the Wash Cycle?
- First of all, if you use fabric softener in the wash cycle it could cause the fabric softener to be rinsed away before it has a chance to work. So, you won’t get the expected result from the fabric softener.
- Next, it may not be distributed evenly throughout a load of laundry. Additionally, the fabric softener could leave a residue on your clothes, which could make them feel sticky or stiff.
- Finally, in the worst case, it can potentially cause problems with your washing machine or with your laundry
How to Put Fabric Softener to Top Loader?
One of your problems is solved. However, even though you use the fabric softener in the top loader at the proper cycle, it won’t work properly if you can’t put it perfectly.
Don’t worry, below I’ve added a step-by-step process to add fabric softener to a top-loading washing machine
- First, fill the fabric softener dispenser in your washing machine with the recommended amount of fabric softener. You better follow the manufacturer’s instructions to determine the exact amount.
- Add your laundry to the washing machine and then close the lid.
- Select the wash cycle you want to use and start the machine.
- The fabric softener will be automatically dispensed into the wash water during the rinse cycle.
It’s important to note that you should not pour fabric softener directly onto your clothes, as it can leave stains or cause discoloration. Always use the fabric softener dispenser or add it to the wash water as directed by the manufacturer.
So, that’s all you need to know on when to add fabric softener top loader. Simply it’s the rinse cycle and make sure to put it perfectly. Follow the above guide to do it and hopefully, it will provide the best possible results.